In the opinion of many, DDT is up there with vaccinations, antibiotics and sanitation as the most important public health measures ever.
Internist and President of Doctors for Disaster Preparedness, Jane Orient, MD joined for me for an interview on the history of DDT, the incredible effectiveness and lives saved, Rachel Carson’s Silent Spring and the eventual and controversial EPA ban. In addition, we looked at the effects on humans, birds and mammals.
- Heat Stable Ricin Vaccine: Soligenix receives $2M in additional funding to advance development
- Vaginitis: New molecular test for several causes receives FDA approval
- Ohio church potluck botulism outbreak accounts for most foodborne cases in 2015
- Morocco: Three family members succumb to botulism
- Syria polio update: 17 cases of cVDPV2 have now been confirmed including one in Raqqa
- Eczema: Single-gene mutations identified that lead to skin condition
- Japanese encephalitis confirmed in Pingtung County
- The race to contain cholera epidemic, King Salman Centre to support response
- Indiana report first human West Nile virus cases