I had the opportunity to interview an expert on the topic of blood clots on the Sunday, Jan. 10 airing of the Outbreak News This Week Radio Show.
Dr. Jack Ansell is former Chair of Medicine, Lenox Hill Hospital and is a Professor of Medicine at Hofstra-NorthShore/LIJ School of Medicine. In addition, he is on the medical and scientific advisory board for the NBCA, a patient advocacy group.
Dr. Ansell went through a number of topics concerning deep vein thrombosis (DVT and pulmonary embolism (PE) including the differences between DVT and PE, risk factors, diagnosis and treatment and several others.
To get more information about blood clots, visit the National Blood Clot Alliance at stoptheclot.org
- Iowa reports 5th Zika case in traveler to Central America
- Illinois Legionnaires’ disease case possibly linked to Quincy Veterans’ Home
- Colorado advises public on hantavirus exposure
- Zika in the US Virgin Islands: Additional cases reported in St. Croix, St. Thomas
- Water shortage ‘potentially catastrophic’ by 2050: Nestle worries