By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
All 26 provinces of the Democratic Republic of the Congo are now affected by the Covid-19 pandemic.
The last province which had so far not recorded any case of the coronavirus, Mongala, ended up joining the 25 other provinces of the country.
This is what the report of the technical secretariat of the Multisectoral Response Committee of July 5, 2021 and made public on Tuesday informs.
In fact, 263 new cases have been confirmed in the country including 159 in Kinshasa, 35 in Haut-Katanga, 28 in Haut-Uélé, 27 in Nord-Ubangi, 9 in North-Kivu, 3 in Kasaï-Central, 2 in Kwilu, and without forgetting the Mongala with its 3 cases.
Since the start of the Covid-19 pandemic in the DRC on March 10, 2020, the cumulative number of cases is 42,880, including 42,879 confirmed cases and 1 probable case.
According to the same source, 7 new cases of death have been reported in the country, all in Kinshasa which still remains the epicenter of the pandemic. The cumulative number of deaths therefore increases to 969 cases.
- São Paulo city reports triple the dengue fever cases
- Guinea reports 2nd Lassa fever death
- Shigellosis linked to Kansas water park
- Santos, São Paulo reports 5000 percent increase in chikungunya
- Philippines COVID-19 variant update, Stricter border control to prevent Lambda variant
- Russia: 14 Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever cases reported in Stavropol