By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
In an update on the dengue fever situation in Guam, the Department of Public Health and Social Services (DPHSS) now reports nine confirmed cases of locally acquired dengue infection since Sept. 11, 2019, and six confirmed cases of imported dengue infection since April 2019.
DPHSS, along with partner agencies, and the Guam community, continue efforts to mitigate the spread of the dengue virus on Guam.
Officials are using a combination of methods to prevent and control mosquitos that spread mosquito-borne viruses that include the proper use of pesticides, eliminating mosquito breeding spots and educating the public.
- China eliminates trachoma as a public health problem
- US holds on to measles elimination status
- Dengue fever: Space-based early warning system spreads from Vietnam to six more South-East Asian countries
- Dengue outbreak tops 90,000 in Bangladesh
- Lymphatic filariasis eliminated on Kiribati
- Meningococcemia in the Philippines: There is no outbreak in the country according to DOH