Officials with Public Health France reported nearly 400 confirmed or probable dengue cases in the past week, bringing the outbreak total to 1388 indigenous cases reported since 1st January 2018.
The current epidemic could continue to intensify in the coming weeks. The population is not immune to dengue fever (only 3.1% of blood donors, tested for dengue in 2008, had antibodies against the virus) and current weather conditions are conducive to vector development.
Health officials remind the public to:
- Eliminate the water containers around his house and waste promoting larval breeding (empty saucers, small containers, respect the days of waste collection …)
- Protect yourself against mosquito bites (diffusers, repellents, covering clothes, mosquito nets …)
- Consult your doctor if symptoms of the disease appear and continue to protect yourself from mosquito bites.
- Wound botulism: More cases reported in San Diego County
- Indiana reports increase in hepatitis A cases, vaccinations urged for travelers to other states
- Measles cases up in London
- Highly resistant gonorrhea case treated successfully with ertapenem
- Human rabies cases rise to 6 in South Africa
- Greece: Measles outbreak, West Nile reemergence
- Mosquito control: Using drones to release sterile mosquitoes