By NewsDesk @bactiman63
The Zamboanga City Health Office (CHO) has expressed alarm over the increasing number of dengue fever cases during the first part of 2019.
According to health officials, 1,597 dengue cases with 12 deaths have been recorded since January this year.
In all of 2018, Zambo City saw 1,995 dengue cases.
City Health Office chief, Dr. Dulce Amor Miravite said the 10 barangays with high cases of dengue are the following: Tugbungan, 91; Tumaga, 90; Calarian, 89; Talon-Talon, 75; Pasonanca, 71; Sta. Maria, 71; San Roque, 69; Ayala, 59; Tetuan, 59; and, Baliwasan, 55.
Nationally, the Philippines has reported 77,040 cases with 328 deaths through May 18.
- Kroger brand frozen blackberries contaminated with hepatitis A: FDA
- Maryland: Botulism case investigated, possibly linked to acupuncture and herbal practice in Ellicott City
- Mumps at University of Florida rises: 24 cases to date
- Iran: A dozen Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever cases reported since March
- Syphilis in Japan: Case count nears 2500
- Polio: 3 new WPV1 cases reported in Pakistan and Afghanistan
- Reunion reports a slight decline in dengue cases