By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Dominican Republic Ministry of Health has confirmed (computer translated) the first imported case of COVID-19.
They report that in the Dominican Republic, an Italian citizen, 62 years old, who entered the country on February 22 without symptoms, the patient is stable, at Ramón de Lara hospital, located at the air base of St. Isidro.
We also require the entire Dominican population to avoid overreactions and panic to the reported event. More than 80 % of cases go as mild flu processes similar to those known in the country. We guide those citizens who are especially with chronic diseases to take forecasts of hygiene, contacts and controls of their basic disease.
- Coronavirus in King County, WA: 2 additional COVID-19 cases confirmed
- COVID-19 in the US: Rhode Island reports first presumptive positive case
- Ireland reports 1st COVID-19 case, UK tally now 23
- Illinois reports new presumptive positive COVID-19 case
- Diamond Princess: Quarantine resulted in more coronavirus patients
- Brazil reports 2nd imported COVID-19 case
- CDC Statement: CDC and Washington State Report First COVID-19 Death