By NewsDesk @bactiman63
According to Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) media, nearly 90 children aged 0 to 5 have died since the end of August as a result of a undetermined illness, authorities alert.
The head of the provincial health division in Kwilu, Jean-Pierre Basake, said the affected children showed signs of fever causing anemia.
“In places, like in Lonzo Munene village, two to three children die. It already dates from the end of August. And when we add up, we are around 90 children. The team was not warned in time because the families were going to the private community more, the state structures were not informed. It is malaria with fevers that reduce blood hemoglobin, so that by lack of transfusion and good management to minimize fevers, there is anemia, ”said Jean. -Pierre Basake.
According to information collected from some residents, this is the third time that these repeated deaths have been observed for three years, still at the start of the rainy season.
- Portugal achieves 85% complete vaccination, 1st country to reach target
- Japan reports an additional 900 syphilis cases in past month
- Outbreak News This Week 10-9-2021: Polio in Ukraine and other news
- Bangladesh adds additional Nipah virus case/death to 2020 tally
- Bolivia: Nearly 7 million people have been vaccinated against COVID-19
- Plasmodium vivax, the second most common malaria parasite, takes unrealized toll on human health
- Sweden and Norway pause use of Moderna vaccine due to Myocarditis risk
- Florida declares hepatitis A outbreak over