The latest Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) has been declared over.
This was the 15th Ebola outbreak in the DRC since 1976. There was one confirmed case and one death.
Authorities had declared the resurgence of the virus in Beni in North Kivu province on 22 August 2022. Genome sequencing of the virus confirmed that the case represented a flare-up of the previous EVD outbreak in the area in 2018-2020.
The occurrence of Ebola virus disease outbreaks, including resurgences, has risen sharply in the DRC in recent years.
- Minnesota reports measles outbreak, 10 travel-related cases confirmed since June
- Uganda Health Minister: ‘As of today, there is no confirmed case of Ebola in Kampala’
- Wisconsin reports 1st human West Nile virus case of 2022
- Vietnam: Mucormycosis cases at Hanoi hospital
- Ebola outbreak: Two new cases confirmed in Uganda, Lockdown ruled out
- Nepal: Dengue case tally tops 25K for 2022
- Florida locally acquired dengue fever count now 19, Testing reveals DENV-3 strain
- California: St. Louis Encephalitis case/death reported in Fresno County
- Uganda: Ebola cases reported outside Mubende