In an update on the Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) outbreak in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC), the Ministry of Health reports 14 additional cases on Tuesday, bringing the total to 713 cumulative cases.
The 14 new confirmed cases include 9 in Katwa, 2 in Mangurujipa, 1 in Biena, 1 in Butembo and 1 in Kayina.
In addition, there were 439 total deaths.
The World Health Organization (WHO), the MOH and partners are implementing several outbreak control interventions. Teams in the surrounding north-eastern provinces are taking measures to being response ready including surveillance and contact tracing, case management, infection protection and more.
- Dengue Immunity May Be Protective Against Symptomatic Zika, Study Finds
- Infectious disease bric-a-bracs: Malaria elimination, anti-vaxxers
- Measles in Vancouver, WA area: 22 confirmed, 3 suspected
- India: Acute flaccid paralysis cases down in 2018
- Legionnaires’ disease cluster reported in Brooke County, WV
- Ukraine: Kyiv prison reports measles outbreak
- China reports an African swine fever outbreak in Ningxia
- Hantavirus outbreak in Argentina: 13th fatality reported