By: Candess Zona-Mendola of MakeFoodSafe
This far, four people have been treated for E. coli linked to the restaurant location at 235 E. North Ave., Glendale Heights. The customers who became ill ate at the above Portillo’s location on July 16 and July 17.
While the investigation continues, the IDPH reminds consumers to seek medical attention if they feel sick and for food service companies to remain diligent in their food safety practices.
- China: Human anthrax case reported in Beijing
- Philippines COVID-19: Increase in cases nearly 50%, Most regions report Delta variant
- Democratic Republic of the Congo: 7 days in jail for not wearing a mask in Lubumbashi
- Vietnam COVID-19 cases reach 9,690 Sunday, A new daily record
- California: Tehama County child contracts Naegleria fowleri
- Measles: Local case reported in Ceará, First time in over a year
- Portugal COVID-19 update: Officials report decrease in hospital admissions