By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services have reported the eighth and ninth Eastern Equine Encephalitis (EEE) cases in horses this year in the state.
The 8th confirmed case of EEE was reported in a horse from a private facility in Jefferson County.
The animal has died.
The 9th confirmed case was reported in a horse from a private facility in Madison County. The horse was euthanized.
- Florida reports rabies case in Volusia County horse
- China receives malaria-free certification from WHO
- Rhode Island reports Powassan virus case from Providence County
- Africa: Increase in visceral leishmaniasis cases reported in Chad
- Maine: 1st Powassan virus case of the year reported in Waldo County resident
- Rocky Mountain spotted fever in Baja California: 23 cases and 8 deaths
- Germany: Health organizations publish free book- ‘The vaccination book for everyone’
- Bulgaria COVID-19: 7 Delta variants and one Beta variant reported
One thought on “Eastern Equine Encephalitis: Florida reports 8th and 9th cases of 2021”