By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Democratic Republic of the Congo’s (DRC) Comite Multisectoriel de la Riposte a la Maladie a Virus Ebola (CMRE) reported an additional Ebola Virus Disease (EVD) case in the outbreak in Equateur province.
This brings the outbreak total since June 1 to 18 cases–15 confirmed and 3 probable. In total, there are 12 deaths (9 confirmed and 3 probable).
The latest case is in a 35-year-old man from Iyembe Moke in Bikoro who died. His body has been secured and public health actions are underway.
- Brazil tops 1 million COVID-19 cases
- COVID-19 risk increased with greater household crowding, lower neighborhood socioeconomic status
- Malaysia reports 14 new Coronavirus cases, Response to COVID-19
- Sweden COVID-19 studies: Ongoing infection, Antibody tests in blood donors
- SARS-CoV-2 transmission to animals: Monitoring needed to mitigate risk
- Global polio (WPV1) cases now at 67, Nigeria attains Polio-Free status
- Swimmer’s ear: ALK gains exclusive rights to market OTIPRIO in U.S.
- SARS-CoV-2 neutralizing antibodies isolated: Developing a treatment, Aid in vaccine design