In a follow-up on the Ebola (Sudan) outbreak in Uganda, the Ministry of Health reported today that four additional cases were confirmed in the past 24 hours, bringing the cumulative number of cases to 11.
In addition, three new deaths were reported, bringing the cumulative deaths to 11 (including confirmed and probable deaths). Of the 11 deaths, eight are from the community and three are facility based.
Currently, there are 25 cases on admission at the health facility.
There are 58 contacts being followed up on.
- Ebola outbreak declared in Uganda
- Georgia reports ‘swine flu’ case, 8th in the US this year
- Uganda Ebola outbreak rises to 7 cases
- Adenovirus update at Vietnam’s National Children’s Hospital
- South Africa reports 10 lab-confirmed human rabies cases through August
- European officials report decrease in monkeypox cases in 20 countries
- Chikungunya cases up 573% in the Philippines in 2022
- Laos dengue outbreak tops 25,000 cases
- Dengue fever cases in Hanoi increased 4.5 times, Vietnam total tops 200K
- Escherichia coli O157 outbreak in Kyoto Prefecture, Japan
- Kenya: Multidrug resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae outbreak in newborns at Nairobi hospital
- Typhoid cases up 121% in the Philippines in 2022
— WHO African Region (@WHOAFRO) September 23, 2022