By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
To date, no new cases or deaths from Ebola virus disease (EVD) have been reported in Guinea and the 42-day countdown that was started on 8 May 2021 to declare the end of Guinea’s EVD outbreak gets closer.
Cumulatively 23 cases, 12 deaths (CFR: 52.1%), and 10 recoveries of EVD have been reported. This includes five health care workers.
A total of 10,873 persons have been vaccinated against EVD in Guinea since the beginning of the outbreak.
Guinea continues with Viral Hemorrhagic Fever (VHF) surveillance and on 17 May 2021, the Ministry of Health (MoH) declared an outbreak of Lassa fever in Yamou prefecture, NZérékoré region. A fatal case of Lassa fever was confirmed and no new case has been reported to date.
- Cowpox of the eye: Ophthalmologists report case in NEJM
- Norway: Syphilis cases up in 2020, Gonorrhea cases significantly down
- Iowa reports influenza A(H1N1) variant virus infection, 5th novel influenza A virus this season
- Will SARS-CoV-2 become just another common cold?
- Philippines: Dozens of typhoid cases reported in CALABARZON
- Nigeria news today: Lassa fever update, Measles in Borno, Gastroenteritis in Bauchi
- Brazil research: Patients with dementia, especially Alzheimer’s run a threefold risk of dying as a result of SARS-CoV-2 infection