By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The World Health Organization (WHO) African Region tweeted Friday: The latest Situation Report from the 11th Ebola Virus Disease Outbreak in Mbandaka, Équateur Province DRC (reported 16 July 2020)–To date there has been 57 cases (53 confirmed, 4 probable), 22 deceased and 16 people have recovered.
The outbreak is DR Congo’s 11th since Ebola was identified in 1976.
Dr Michel Yao, Emergency Operations Manager for WHO Africa speaks on the challenges WHO & partners currently face Watch HERE in responding to the Ebola outbreak in Equateur, DRC. This outbreak is spreading faster than the 2018 outbreak & over a wider geographical area surrounded by dense rain forests.
- China COVID-19: Beijing under control, Epidemiologist’s take on country’s situation
- Texas reports increase in kissing bugs, Could increase Chagas risk
- Massachusetts reports additional EEE mosquito samples, 1st West Nile virus samples
- Brazil dengue: Federal District reports 20 percent increase
- Taiwan Japanese encephalitis cases rise to 13
- Costa Rica COVID-19: Cases near 10,000, Government announces new containment measures
- Brazil COVID-19 cases top 2 million, India tops 1 million