By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
In Ecuador, the number of COVID-19 cases in the country have nearly tripled in the past week, rising from 1121 on March 25 to 3163 today. The cases in the provinces are Galapagos 10, Guayas 2243, Santo Domingo de los Tsáchilas 24, Esmeraldas 11, Manabí 61, Santa Elena 44, Los Ríos 131, El Oro 56, Bolívar 26, Chimborazo 24, Imbabura 16, Tungurahua 12, Cotopaxi 12, Pichincha 259, Carchi 7, Cañar 53, Azuay 99, Loja 27, Sucumbios 27, Orellana 1, Napo 1, Morona Santiago 10, Pastaza 7 and Zamora Chinchipe 2.
Of the 3163 cases of COVID-19 that have been confirmed in the country to date: 2753 are stable in home isolation, 103 are stable and hospitalized, 122 are hospitalized with reserved prognosis, 65 cases have been discharged from the hospital and 120 are deceased.
The Health Ministry currently has 27 hospitals for specific attention to coronavirus cases, 2,100 medical centers, and 133 hospitals enabled to attend to citizens for other types of consultations.
On February 29, 2020, the first case of coronavirus was confirmed.
On Wednesday, The Minister of Public Health (MSP), Juan Carlos Zevallos, reported that the National Government allocates USD 200 million to attend the coronavirus health emergency in Ecuador.
This investment is focused on the purchase of medical supplies, medicines, equipment and repowering of hospitals that will be used immediately to provide comprehensive care to the population infected by COVID-19.
- Malaysia COVID-19 cases top 3,000, Online appointment system
- Plague is a significant source of mortality in pumas in the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem
- Hong Kong reports COVID-19 in domestic cat, 3rd positive animal
- Harvard Medical School scientists forge ahead on six key fronts to end the COVID-19 pandemic
- Florida COVID-19 death toll tops 100, Gov DeSantis issues 30-day stay-at-home order
- COVID-19 in Spain: Cases top 100,000, Madrid reports 30,000
- Italy: Significant numbers of deaths in hospitals could go on until early June, according to report