By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The National Institute for Public Health Research (INSPI) in Ecuador are reporting 4,450 COVID-19 cases as of April 8.
The bulk of the cases have been reported in Guayas province with 3047.
Officials say that of the 4450 cases, 3744 are stable in home isolation, 178 are hospitalized in stable condition, 146 hospitalized with reserved prognosis, 140 cases have been discharged and 242 deceased.
This week, the Minister of Public Health, Juan Carlos Zevallos, at a virtual press conference, announced that 100,000 rapid tests and 100,000 PCRs arrived in our country that will serve to expedite the results of the exams for COVID-19.
In addition, the Secretary of State reiterated that, at the National Institute of Public Health Research (INSPI) in Guayaquil, progress is being made with the installation of the new equipment that has the capacity to process 1,400 tests per day.
He explained that this modern equipment works with an automated robotic platform with state-of-the-art molecular equipment, which will allow us to face the COVID-19 health emergency, in better conditions.
- H9N2 avian influenza case reported in Guangdong, China child
- Quarantine: How effective alone or in combination with other public health measures to control coronavirus?
- COVID-19 treatment: Potential harms of chloroquine, hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin
- Poland: COVID-19 cases reach 5,000, PLN 200 million for fighting coronavirus
- Malaysia: Coronavirus cases top 4,000, Number of cases recovered exceeds new cases
- COVID-19 antiviral: FDA oks human clinical trials for EIDD-2801