In a follow-up on the measles outbreak situation in England, health officials report between 1 January 2018 and 31 May 2018 there have been 587 laboratory confirmed measles cases in England.
Cases were reported in most areas with London (213), the South East (128), West Midlands (81), South West (62), and Yorkshire and Humberside (53) reporting the most cases.
- Rabies kills 22 people as resurgent FMD and cholera outbreaks hit Malawi
- Ghana stops using Oral Polio Vaccine (OPV) as routine treatment agent
- Powassan virus case confirmed in Columbia County
- Ghana becomes the first sub-Saharan African country to eliminate trachoma
- River blindness drug, Moxidectin, receives FDA approval
- Kellogg’s Honey Smacks cereal recalled due to Salmonella risk
- Lyme assay receives FDA clearance
- Dengue fever cases down slightly in the Philippines
- Arkansas the latest state to confirm the presence of the Longhorned tick
- Animal Viruses and Humans: A discussion with author, Dr Warren Andiman
- Toronto: Officials warn of possible hepatitis A exposure for patrons of Union Station restaurant