In a follow-up on a report last month about measles in Fiji, the Ministry of Health & Medical Services – Fiji (MHMS) now reports eight cases of measles as of August 4.
In addition, two cases of rubella have been reported by the MHMS.
Fiji is currently conducting preventative Supplementary Immunisation Activities throughout the nation to mitigate the potential impact of these reported cases.
Subscribe to Outbreak News TV
- Philippines dengue tally tops 90,000, More than double the 2021 numbers
- Dengue fever in Miami-Dade County, Florida: 3rd local transmission reported
- New South Wales: Two cases of meningococcal disease in people who attended the 2022 Splendour in the Grass festival
- Langya henipavirus identified in China: A NEJM correspondence
- Switzerland reports at least 8 diphtheria cases at Bern facility
- Miami-Dade County monkeypox cases shoot to nearly 350 cases, Tops in Florida
- Israel Ministry of Health statement on Naegleria fowleri case/death
- Taiwan Japanese encephalitis total rises to 13, 3rd monkeypox case reported
- Singapore dengue outbreak: High mosquito population, Circulation of DENV-3 will likely lead to high cases in coming months