The Finland National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL) issued an advisory today (computer translated) over an adult passenger with measles who cruised from Helsinki to Stockholm and back on Silja’s Serenade ferry over the weekend.
Officials issued the advisory for passengers who were aboard the ferry from Feb. 1-3.
According to THL data:
- He traveled on Silja Serenade on Friday, February 1 at 5 pm from Helsinki to Stockholm.
- Returned Saturday, February 2, from Stockholm at 16.45 am local time on the same ship to Helsinki. The ship arrived in Helsinki on Sunday 3 February at 10.30 am.
Silja said it is attempting to reach passengers who were on the weekend cruise.
Officials are asking passengers who have traveled on the ship to check whether their own protection is in order. This includes previous measles infection or two MMR vaccine series/
If you do not have your own or your child’s vaccine protection, or if you do not know you have had measles, contact your health center immediately.
- Mad Cow Disease identified on Poland farm
- New Hampshire: Increase in hepatitis A cases ‘concerning’, Early stages of outbreak
- Infectious disease bric-a-bracs: Manila measles, Adalja Op-Ed
- Thailand chikungunya outbreak: Another 400 cases in past week
- Connecticut reports 2nd measles case in New Haven County
- Palau dengue outbreak rises
- Japan: Rubella cases continue, ‘City Hunter’ used to promote vaccination