By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Florida state health officials reported 306 new positive COVID-19 cases and nine deaths related to COVID-19 Saturday, bringing the state totals to 30,839 cases and 1,055 deaths.
Dade County has reported more than 11,000 cases, followed by Broward (4659), Palm Beach (2614), Orange (1304) and Hillsborough (1041).
In addition, the Florida Department of Health reports there have been 356 long-term care facilities associated with positive cases of COVID-19. Of the 2,748 cases of residents or staff in long-term care facilities, 299 have died.
The Re-Open Florida Task Force launched a public comment submission portal open to all Floridians. Public feedback will be a critical component of the Task Force’s final report to Governor Ron DeSantis. All interested Floridians are encouraged to submit their ideas regarding the safe re-opening of Florida’s economy.
- Norovirus outbreaks on 2019 cruises linked to frozen raspberries
- Colombia COVID-19: Villavicencio prison, Bogotá clinic
- Nursing homes prepared for pandemics, but COVID-19 reveals gaps
- Dengue fever in Mayotte: More than 3500 cases reported to date
- FDA warning for Hydroxychloroquine or Chloroquine for COVID-19: Risk of Heart Rhythm Problems
- Syphilis: Treponema pallidum likely uses a single gene to escape the immune system, according to researchers
- Costa Rica: Dengue fever increases in the time of COVID-19
- Polio: Three additional WPV1 cases reported
- New test for COVID-19 may deliver faster results to more people