By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Florida Department of Health reported this evening that the coronavirus disease 2019, or COVID-19 case count has risen to 7773 total (7495 in residents).
101 deaths have been reported in Florida–Palm Beach County has seen the most fatalities with 22, followed by Broward (13) and Dade with 11.
Got Smallpox? merchandise
Today, Governor Ron DeSantis announced the issuance of Executive Order 20-91 requiring all persons in Florida to limit their movements and personal interactions outside of their home to only those necessary to obtain or provide essential services or conduct essential activities for 30 days.
This order was issued after consultation with federal officials and in accordance with the recent 30-day extension of national social distancing guidelines for curbing the spread of COVID-19. The order will go into effect midnight Friday, April 3, 2020.
- COVID-19 in Spain: Cases top 100,000, Madrid reports 30,000
- Italy: Significant numbers of deaths in hospitals could go on until early June, according to report
- Virus-scanning tool could detect previous COVID-19 infections
- India: 4th death due to ‘monkey fever’ reported in Shivamogga, Karnataka
- Pakistan reports two Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever cases in Sindh
- New York launches online portal for volunteer health worker deployment, COVID-19 case count reaches 75,000
- COVID-19 vaccine: Vaxart updates on oral vaccine candidates