By NewsDesk @bactiman63
In a follow-up on the two multistate outbreaks of Salmonella infections linked to italian meats, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reports identifying the source of the outbreaks-Fratelli Beretta brand uncured antipasto trays.
Interviews with sick people and shopper card records showed that most people ate Fratelli Beretta brand uncured antipasto trays before they got sick.
CDC is advising people to not eat Fratelli Beretta brand prepackaged uncured antipasto trays. Trays can include uncured salami, prosciutto, coppa, or soppressata. They were sold nationwide and have “best by” dates on or before February 11, 2022.
The multistate salmonella outbreaks has sickened thirty-six people from 17 states and 12 people have been hospitalized. No deaths have been reported.
- E. Coli outbreak in Jackson County, Oregon
- Texas reports anthrax case in Armstrong County horse
- Philippines report 16K new COVID-19 cases, More wave peaks are expected in the coming weeks
- COVID-19 in the Philippines: An update with Dr. Edsel Salvana
- New Jersey reports first Eastern Equine Encephalitis case in Cumberland County horse
- Modernized tetracycline antibiotic, NUZYRA, added as alternate agent to treat plague
- Ebola case in Côte d’Ivoire ‘declared cured’, 82 contact traced in two countries
- Brazil: Great-grandmother, child die from spotted fever in Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais
- Albuquerque zoo loses second ape to Shigella infection