French health authorities are reporting a decrease in measles cases in the country seeing around 20 cases weekly for the past several weeks.
This follows reporting more than 100 measles cases weekly just a few short months ago.
Since November 6, 2017, France has reported 2741 cases. Three deaths have been reported in 2018.
86 departments reported at least 1 case during the period, but currently only 2 regions still have active measles outbreaks.
89% of measles cases occurred in unimmunized or poorly vaccinated patients.
- Venezuela: 22 states and Capital district report diphtheria cases since 2017
- Ukraine: More than 27,000 measles cases in 7 months
- Capnocytophaga: Wisconsin man has limbs amputated following likely dog lick
- West Nile virus death reported in Brown County, SD
- Maryland: 1st human West Nile virus case reported in PG County
- Texas warns public of Vibrio risk
- Guinea worm disease resurfaces in South Sudan
- Hy-Vee Spring Pasta Salad: More Salmonella cases reported
- H9N2 avian influenza case reported in Guangdong Province, China
- Ebola cluster reported in North Kivu