In a follow-up on the measles outbreak in France, health officials continue to report a decrease in cases in the current outbreak.
During the past month, an average of 50 cases have been reported weekly. As of June 24, 2018, 2567 cases reported since November 6, 2017.
In addition, health officials have reported a second measles fatality in a 26-year-old man.
Approximately nine out of 10 outbreak cases were either unvaccinated or undervaccinated.
- Outbreak onboard the Seven Seas Mariner, rapid norovirus test positive
- Parasitic infection, Strongyloidiasis, may be infecting up to 60 percent in remote northern Australia
- Malaria: NK cells may play a key role in ridding the body of infected blood cells, opens doors for vaccine creation
- Nova Scotia: Botulism outbreak confirmed in Chester Basin, 2 horses euthanized
- More measles in Ukraine: 12th death recorded
- MRSA and C. difficile: Patients believed allergic to penicillin have increased risks
- Anthrax confirmed in 2nd South Dakota herd
- Gonorrhea research: Gene expression different between men and women