By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Today, German health authorities reported that the number of COVID-19 cases in the country has exceeded the 100,000 mark, reaching 100,123, the fourth country to do this.
1,584 deaths have been reported, a 1.58% fatality rate.
A total of 37 million protective masks had arrived in Germany by the end of the week. “We managed to get and distribute protective equipment,” said Federal Minister of Health Jens Spahn while visiting the FIEGE logistics center in Apfelstädt / Thuringia. Here, the medical protective equipment that we need to cope with the corona epidemic is delivered and delivered centrally.
I am very happy to be here and that I was able to get and distribute protective equipment. We used the time and prepared. But we’re not over the mountain yet. We need to protect our doctors, our nurses – everyone who is currently trying to contain the coronavirus in hospitals, doctor’s offices, nursing homes, treat the patients and care for the sick -. We work with full commitment for this. —Federal Minister of Health Jens Spahn
The German pharmaceutical and chemical industry has promised Federal Minister of Health Jens Spahn to join forces to supply the healthcare system with disinfectants. For this purpose, the platform “Emergency Disinfectant Supply” will be activated shortly. Above all, help for hospitals, care facilities and medical practices is to be efficiently coordinated nationwide via a digital marketplace. This is intended to support supply chains, facilitate contacts between actors and bundle information.
We now need good and quick solutions to meet the urgent need for disinfectants. The initiative of the chemical and pharmaceutical industry shows once again that the German economy is committed to its responsibility, especially in these difficult times. I would like to thank all companies that are participating in the new digital platform.–Federal Minister of Health Jens Spahn
- COVID-19 antibody test: Mayo Clinic to release test Monday
- COVID-19: Tiger at the Bronx Zoo tests positive
- New Jersey reports 3500 additional COVID-19 cases
- Philippines COVID-19 update: Chinese medical experts arrived in Manila
- SARS-CoV-2 vaccine progress moving rapidly: Flinders University
- Vietnam: Vingroup Starts to Produce Ventilators and Body Thermometers
- Costa Rica: 435 COVID-19 cases, Private sector and NGO help
- New Orleans COVID-19 case count nears 4000, Jazz great Ellis Marsalis dies