By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Robert Koch Institute (RKI) is reporting more than 400 confirmed COVID-19 cases in Germany to date. No deaths have been reported.
The states of North Rhine-Westphalia, Baden-Wuerttemberg and Bavaria have accounted for the bulk of the cases.
Additional cases, infection chains and outbreaks in Germany must be expected. The experts of the Robert Koch Institute currently rate the risk to public health in Germany as moderate.
The Federal Ministry of Health says Germany is as prepared as it can possibly be. Above all, our network of centres of expertise and special clinics is unmatched by international standards. We have a very good disease warning and notification system, as well as excellent pandemic preparedness plans. In addition, regular emergency training exercises are conducted at airports in Germany.
- New Jersey reports 1st presumptive positive COVID-19 case
- South Africa reports 1st COVID-19 case
- Iceland reports 10 additional COVID-19 cases, brings total to 26
- India making efforts to stave off coronavirus
- Travel history should become routine in medical assessments to slow pandemics’ spread
- Italy: COVID-19 cases top 3,000, deaths top 100; Schools close
- Brazil has three confirmed cases of coronavirus in the country: MOH