By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Bavarian Ministry of Health reported (computer translated) Sunday about a eighth novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) case in the country.
According to the State Office for Health and Food Safety (LGL), it is a 33-year-old man who lives in the city of Munich. He is an employee of the company from the district of Starnberg, which also employs six of the previously known coronavirus cases. Like five other cases, he is in the Munich Clinic Schwabing.
All eight cases are in stable condition.
The seventh case was announced on Friday evening. It is a 52-year-old man who lives in the Fürstenfeldbruck district. The sixth case had been confirmed on Friday afternoon. It is a child of the man from the district of Traunstein, the positive finding of which was published late Thursday evening. The father and the child are in a stable state of health in Trostberg in the hospital.
Chief Physician Prof. Dr. med. Clemens Wendtner from the Clinic for Infectious Diseases at the Munich Clinic Schwabing emphasized on Sunday: “We are in close contact with national and international medical experts from universities and the WHO. All six cases with evidence of the coronavirus (2019-nCoV) are in a clinically stable condition, sometimes showed flu-like symptoms and are currently largely symptom-free. All patients remain with us for clinical observation. ”
A test campaign for employees took place last Wednesday, Thursday and Friday in the company from the district of Starnberg. There are now 139 negative results and 2 positive results. The positive findings come from the man from Munich and the man from the Fürstenfeldbruck district.
- Pakistan polio cases rise to 4, Three countries halt vaccine-derived polio outbreaks
- Kenya: Suspected anthrax send 18 to hospital in Bomet County
- Philippines confirms 1st novel coronavirus pneumonia death outside China
- Paraguay reports 35K dengue cases in January
- Sweden reports 1st imported novel coronavirus case
- Lyme disease and pregnancy: CDC website updates
- Nigeria battles Lassa fever
- Boston: Novel coronavirus case reported in Massachusetts