Good 'N' Fun dog treats sold at Dollar General and Dollar Tree recalled - Outbreak News Today | Outbreak News Today Outbreak News Today
Subscribe: RSS Twitter

Deerfield Beach, FL company, Salix Animal Health announced yesterday the recall of a voluntary recall of one lot of “Good ‘n’ Fun – Beefhide Chicken Sticks”, distributed nationwide to Dollar General and Dollar Tree retail stores, because it may have the potential to be contaminated with Salmonella.

The recalled product is packaged in a 2.8 ounce bag stamped on the back side with lot # AO15010 and with an expiration date of 03/2018. The UPC code is 0 91093 82247 1.

The potential for contamination was noted after routine testing by the Georgia Department of Agriculture revealed the presence of Salmonella in one 2.8 ounce package of “Good ‘n’ Fun – Beefhide Chicken Sticks” labeled with the recalled code.

No other product is affected at this time. Customers should look at the lot code and expiration date on the product package to determine if it is subject to the voluntary recall. Customers who have purchased the product subject to this recall are urged to dispose of the product or return it for full refund.

Salmonella can affect animals eating the product and there is risk to humans from handling contaminated products.

Healthy people infected with Salmonella should monitor themselves for some, or all, of the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, abdominal cramping and fever. Rarely, Salmonella can result in more serious ailments, including arterial infections, endocarditis, arthritis, muscle pain, eye irritation, and urinary tract symptoms. Consumers exhibiting these signs after having contact with this product should contact their healthcare providers.

Pets with Salmonella infections may be lethargic and have diarrhea or bloody diarrhea, fever, and vomiting. Some pets will have only decreased appetite, fever and abdominal pain. Infected, but otherwise healthy pets can be carriers and infect other animals or humans. If your pet has consumed the recalled product and has these symptoms, please contact your veterinarian.

Leave a Reply

© 2016 Outbreak News Today · Subscribe: RSS Twitter ·