On Tuesday, the US Senate, in a vote of 57-42, confirmed Dr. Scott Gottlieb as commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Health and Human Services Secretary Tom Price, M.D., issued the following statement congratulating Dr. Scott Gottlieb, M.D., on his confirmation as FDA Commissioner:
“We are excited to partner with Dr. Gottlieb to protect and promote the health of the American people. Dr. Gottlieb brings considerable experience to the FDA. His background will be crucial for keeping the FDA as the gold standard for safe treatments while advancing new, innovative solutions to the many public health challenges our nation faces. I am confident Dr. Gottlieb will make decisions that reduce regulatory burdens while protecting public health. Congratulations to Dr. Gottlieb and his family.”
- Leprosy, HIV and vaccines among questions for Dr. Tom Price
- Publix recall: Artichoke and Spinach Dip may contain small glass fragments
- Oklahoma reported 2000 RMSF, ehrlichiosis, and tularemia cases in past 5 years, officials advise on tick bite prevention
- Colorado reports increase in hepatitis A
- South Africa malaria update: New cases declining in Limpopo, increasing in Mpumalanga