By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
In two separate articles in the Annals of Neurology, clinicians in India and England report cases of a rare neurological disorder called Guillain-Barre syndrome after individuals were vaccinated against COVID-19.
Both reports describe an unusual variant of Guillain-Barre syndrome characterized by prominent facial weakness. Seven cases were reported from a regional medical center in Kerala, India, where approximately 1.2 million people were vaccinated with the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine. Four cases were reported from Nottingham, England, in an area in which approximately 700,000 people received the same vaccine. All eleven cases were among people who had received that vaccine 10-22 days earlier.
The frequency of Guillain-Barre syndrome in these areas was estimated to be up to 10 times greater than expected.
“If the link is causal it could be due to a cross-reactive immune response to the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein and components of the peripheral immune system,” wrote the authors of the report from England.
The authors of both articles stress that clinicians should be vigilant in looking for this rare neurological syndrome following administration of COVID-19 vaccines.
- Dengue in the Philippines: Cases up in some areas, Down nationally
- Africa: Guinea Ebola outbreak declared over
- Pakistan: Naegleria fowleri claims two lives in Karachi
- Wisconsin report rise in syphilis, congenital syphilis, Spike called ‘alarming’
- India reports surge of mucormycosis cases. What do we know and not know?
- Florida reports four Vibrio deaths year-to-date
- 2nd Eastern Equine Encephalitis case in horse reported in Levy County, Florida
- Canada: Tapeworm continues to take root in Alberta
- Karachi: Another human rabies death after patient declines PEP
2 thoughts on “Guillain-Barré syndrome reported following COVID-19 vaccination in India and England”
It is working. Billy might be very happy. Population reduction is going on. mRNA Vaccines are very safe method to do this agenda.
Great news! So excited to see a population reduction after the population explosion. Hopefully the incredibly very safe spike protein vaccine that’s causing so many problems will help the body to fight to the death.