In a follow-up on the reemerged cholera outbreak in Haiti, the Ministère de la Santé Publique et de la Population reports that as of October 11, 47 total confirmed cholera cases, including 12 reported at the Prison Civile de Port-au-Prince (National Penitentiary).
Total suspected cases (including the National Penitentiary) now stands at 560 cases.
Cité Soleil has reported the most total cases with 188, followed by Port-au-Prince with 146.
The situation at the National Penitentiary as of October 11 was 203 suspected cases, 12 confirmed cases and 14 deaths. A treatment center was opened there with a capacity of 40 beds, including 25 beds provided by PAHO/WHO and 10 others by MSF Holland.
- Europe officials report increase in diphtheria cases in migrants
- Lebanon cholera outbreak rises to 26 cases, 1 death
- Philippines: Typhoid cases top 10,000 in 2022
- Vietnam dengue cases continue rise, Death toll now 100
- Melioidosis cluster reported in Hong Kong
- Haiti cholera outbreak: ‘The situation is evolving rapidly’
- Brazil reports 10 hantavirus deaths through September
- Dengue: 4 more locally transmitted cases reported in Miami-Dade County, Florida