In a follow-up on the Haiti cholera outbreak, the Haitian Ministry of Health (Ministère de la Santé Publique et de la Population) reported as of October 13– the total number of suspected cases increased to 655, including 55 confirmed cases, 197 hospitalized suspected cases, and 36 deaths recorded.
In the Port-au-Prince prison, there is a cholera outbreak that has identified 271 suspected cases to date, including 12 confirmed cases and 14 deaths.
- Laos dengue: ‘People must continue to exercise caution in October and November’
- Nigeria cholera: ‘Outbreak has been exacerbated by limited access to clean water and sanitation facilities, open defecation, and poor hygiene practices’
- South Africa: Measles outbreak reported in Limpopo Province
- Bahamas reports 1st cholera case in 5 years
- Lebanon cholera: The latest numbers
- Philippines dengue tally tops 170K, Central Luzon reports the most
- Takeda’s dengue vaccine: Europe’s Committee for Medicinal Products for Human Use recommends approval
- Chicago reports 137% increase in congenital syphilis cases
- Haiti cholera update: 47 confirmed cases, including cases at the National Penitentiary in Port-au-Prince
- Europe officials report increase in diphtheria cases in migrants
- Lebanon cholera outbreak rises to 26 cases, 1 death
- Philippines: Typhoid cases top 10,000 in 2022