By NewsDesk @bactiman63
The Hawaii Department of Health reported 1678 new COVID-19 cases Sunday, a record high one-day case count. The new cases were reported from Oahu (1,239), Big Island (214), Maui (147), Kauai (55), two on Lanai, one on Molokai and 20 Hawaii residents diagnosed out of state.
This brings the state’s cumulative case count and death count to 62,229 and 589, respectively.
To date, more than 62 percent of eligible residents have completed vaccination.
- Gamma variant detected in Antigua and Barbuda, All four VOC found in twin island state
- Delta variant case reported in Dagupan for 1st time in a overseas Filipino worker (OFW)
- Dengue fever in Taiz, Yemen: 4,770 cases since the beginning of the year
- Anthrax case reported in North Kazakhstan
- Oxford study: Vaccines still effective against Delta variant
- COVID-19: Delta variant doubles risk of hospitalization compared to alpha variant, according to study
- New Zealand: Meningococcal disease death reported in University of Canterbury student
- Nigeria: H5N1 bird flu outbreak confirmed in Delta state,164,473 birds affected