On the morning of July 8, information from the Ho Chi Minh City Ear, Nose and Throat Hospital said that this unit had successfully treated a 3-month-old child with an electronic battery stuck in his nose. This is an alarming situation for parents who need to pay more attention to their children.
Before that, on July 4, a 3-year-old child, living in Ho Chi Minh City, was found by his family members to have a runny nose and bad breath, so he was taken to the Ear, Nose and Throat Hospital for examination.
Through examination, the doctor discovered that there was an electronic battery in the nose. After removing the foreign body, endoscopy revealed blood clots in the nasal septum, necrosis, and congestive edema. The patient underwent endoscopic surgery to remove necrotic tissue and nasal irrigation. After surgery, the patient was fine, the doctor continued medical treatment and actively washed the nose.
At the Ho Chi Minh City Ear, Nose and Throat Hospital, in the last 3 months, there have been 165 cases of foreign bodies in the nose.
According to doctors, most cases of foreign objects in the nose are seen in children from 2 to 5 years old, common nasal foreign bodies such as small toys, food particles, electronic batteries … In which, electronic batteries, seemingly simple, it is a dangerous material when it comes into contact with the mucosa and causes long-term complications. Foreign electronic battery in the nose will release corrosive chemicals, causing local tissue necrosis; generates a local electric current that burns the nasal mucosa. The patient will also have ischemia due to the compression of the battery, causing necrosis of the surrounding tissue. In the case of the above child, the battery was removed within nearly 6 hours after the foreign body was stuck, but still causing necrosis of the nasal septum and mucosa of the septum.
Vietnam records 15K additional dengue cases in 10 days, Country total now 92,000
Vietnam: Ho Chi Minh City dengue case tally now 21,000
Vietnam surpasses 7 million COVID-19 cases, Reports 171K per day in past week
2 thoughts on “Ho Chi Minh City: 3-year-old boy stuck an electronic battery in his nose causing gangrene”
That would be HANOI! When I hear that word…fifty years on, I’m still sickened to vomiting about how the Vietnam congress/north Vietnamese treated our POW’s! Go f—- that city and everyone in it! OS. WHO PUT THE BATTERY IN THE KIDS NOSE….A DEGENERATE PARENT. Grandsons/daughter of a Vietnam cong?