Have you ever received a hospital bill and couldn’t quite figure out how it could possibly be that expensive?
I recently had a same day surgery at a local hospital which had a price tag of $47,000. Fortunately for me, a contract with my health insurance negotiated the cost down to $6,000.
How is this possible? Whats wrong with the system? What about the self-pay patient?
Joining me to discuss this bizarre system is Keith Smith, MD, Dr Smith is the medical director, CEO and managing partner of the Surgery Center of Oklahoma.
- Bernie Sanders Medicare for All Act of 2017: Some thoughts on the legislation
- Rabies: History, myths and diagnosis on Outbreak News This WeekAntibiotics: Fluoroquinolone prescribing in the US
- A ridiculous measles vaccine article examined
- Totalitarian governments spawn infectious disease outbreaks that place other countries at risk
- Toxocara in the UK: A discussion with Dr Ian Wright
- Keystone virus: An interview with John Lednicky, Ph.D.
- Animal Viruses and Humans: A discussion with author, Dr Warren Andiman