Three patients (aged 55 to 62) in a female psychiatric ward at Kwai Chung Hospital in Hong Kong have presented with respiratory symptoms since May 10, according to the Hospital Authority.
Appropriate viral tests had been arranged for the patients and the test results of three patients were positive to Human Metapneumovirus. One of the patients is being treated under isolation and another two patients had been transferred to Princess Margaret Hospital. Three patients are in stable condition.
Admission to the ward has been suspended and restricted visiting has been imposed. Infection control measures have already been stepped up according to established guidelines. All other patients in the ward are under close surveillance.
- Measles: New numbers released, anti-vaccine rallies in outbreak areas
- DRC: 1st polio case of 2019 reported
- Crimean-Congo hemorrhagic fever (CCHF) outbreak declared in Namibia
- Blood parasite outbreak reported in Tennessee horses
- Ukraine measles cases close in on 50,000
- Hepatitis A outbreak declared in Pennsylvania: Philadelphia and Pittsburgh areas hardest hit