By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The Icelandic Directorate of Health reported today on the first confirmed COVID-19 case. The case is a Icelandic male in his fifties who has been placed in solitary confinement at Landspitali.
The man is not seriously ill but shows typical symptoms of COVID-19 disease (cough, fever and bone pain).
In light of this, the National Commissioner of Police will, in consultation with the Chief Epidemiologist, activate the level of civil protection crisis.
Robert Koch Quote merchandise
The man who was diagnosed was recently located in northern Italy outside a defined danger zonefor the virus. Efforts are being made to trace the path of infection, but the aim of their work is to highlight who might be exposed due to this confirmed infection.
- Toxoplasmosis treatment: FDA approves generic of Daraprim
- Paraguay reports an additional 30K dengue cases last week
- COVID-19 outbreak hotspots: Iran, Italy and South Korea
- New Zealand reports 1st COVID-19 case in individual who traveled to Iran
- Northern Ireland: Presumptive positive test for coronavirus (COVID-19) reported
- Sweden COVID-19 case count rises to 7, including 1st case in Stockholm
- Nigeria reports 1st COVID-19 in Lagos