By: Candess Zona Mendola of MakeFoodSafe.com
Health officials have announced 2 cases of Legionnaires’ disease have been linked to an L.A. Fitness location in Niles, Illinois.
The affected areas have been closed pending sanitization.
The Illinois Department of Public Health is investigating the gym located at 5701 W. Touhy Ave, Niles, IL 60714. They said the L.A. Fitness closed its pool, spa, showers and steam room after learning about the cases on May 5.
On Tuesday, testing by the county and state confirmed that Legionella bacteria had been found in a hot tub.
The investigation is ongoing at this time.
- Baylisascaris procyonis roundworm infection in a child in Washington state, with autism spectrum disorder 2022
- Powassan virus: Maine officials report 1st case of 2023
- Vietnam reports 410 human rabies deaths in past 5 years
- Hepatitis A cases up in San Diego, 2/3s in homeless
- Philippines: Classical Swine Fever (Hog Cholera) downs 2,000 pigs in Negros Occidental
- Brazil registers first cases of Highly Pathogenic Avian Influenza in wild birds
- Mali Becomes 17th Country to Beat Trachoma
- England: Two poultry workers contract avian influenza
- Benin Eliminates Trachoma
- Ontario: Hepatitis A confirmed at RattleSnake Point Golf Club Bistro in Milton
- Argentina dengue update: More than 93,000 cases reported in 2022-2023 season