By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
On Friday, the Illinois Department of Public Health (IDPH) reported 24,682 new confirmed and probable cases of coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in Illinois, including 126 additional deaths since last Friday, Aug 13.
2,000 individuals in Illinois were reported to be in the hospital with COVID-19. Of those, 468 patients were in the ICU and 234 patients with COVID-19 were on ventilators.
Currently, IDPH is reporting a total of 1,482,369 cases, including 23,717 deaths, in 102 counties in Illinois.
Blink Outdoor – wireless, weather-resistant HD security camera, two-year battery life, motion detection, set up in minutes – 1 camera kit
More than 77% of Illinois adults have received at least one COVID-19 vaccine dose and more than 60% of Illinois adults are fully vaccinated, according to data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
- Bubonic plague case confirmed in Torrance County, New Mexico
- Outbreak News This Week Livestream: African swine fever in the Dominican Republic, Tularemia from crabs and more
- Wisconsin: Two H1N2v influenza cases reported, Both attended same county fair
- Japan: Record nearly 26K cases reported, Infections in children up sharply, Lockdown urged
- Philippines records single day total of COVID-19 cases, Half of Metro Manila vaccinated
- H5N6 avian influenza case reported in Guangdong Province, China