By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Indian health officials reported 64,531 new COVID-19 cases today, bringing the country total to 2,767,273.
During the past 15 days, India has averaged some 60,000 per day, recording more than 900,000 cases.
Maharashtra (615,477), Tamil Nadu (349,654) and Andhra Pradesh (306,261) states have seen the most cases.
India also recorded more than 1,000 deaths today, bringing the country’s death toll to 52,889.
India remains third as far as total cases reported, following the United States and Brazil.
CBS News reports, the World Health Organization and independent experts have about low testing rates in the world’s second most populous country. India has administered over 31 million tests, but that’s only about 23,000 tests per million inhabitants — much lower proportionally than in the U.S., Russia and many European countries.
- Vibrio parahaemolyticus: UT Southwestern scientists discover pathway bacteria break out of cells
- Colombia COVID-19 cases now 489K, Bogotá’s El Dorado airport is scheduled to officially reopen
- Canada: Crab cakes, Tarragon Remoulade recalled due to Salmonella risk
- Lyme disease: Rep. Chris Smith amendment boosts research funding
- Ebola in DRC update: 1 additional case, death
- Hantavirus pulmonary syndrome case reported in Taos County, New Mexico
- Utah: SARS-CoV-2 confirmed in mink, 1st cases in US
- Singapore dengue outbreak tops 25,000