By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
The India Ministry of Health remains fourth in the world with COVID-19 cases with 425,282 total cases after reporting 14,821 new cases registered June 22, India’s biggest single-day spike. 143,267 tests were performed this day.
The total cases includes 174,387 active cases, 237,195 recovered and discharged patients and 13,699 deaths.
Maharashtra state has reported the most cases and deaths with 132,075 and 6,170, respectively. Delhi and Tamil Nadu are both on the edge of topping 60,000 with 59,746 and 59,377 cases, respectively.
Despite the recent spike in cases, Prime Minister Narendra Modi ruled out a new nationwide lockdown. Individual states are maintaining their own restrictions. In Tamil Nadu, one of the hardest hit states, a fresh 12-day lockdown was imposed on Monday.
- Guam COVID-19: Twenty-two cases reported in service members deployed at Andersen Air Force Base
- Indonesia reports 800 additional COVID-19 cases as dengue total tops 68K
- Philippines COVID-19 cases top 30K, Warning against non-prescribed use of dexamethasone
- Reasons for higher rates of severe COVID-19 in minority populations still unclear
- Bagged Salads from Aldi, Hy-Vee, and Jewel-Osco Linked to Cyclospora Outbreak
- Beijing COVID-19 outbreak tops 200 cases in a week, Viral genome sequence data released