Dengue sting in Rajasthan: 150 people are getting positive every day
With the departure of the monsoon, seasonal diseases started increasing rapidly in Rajasthan. These days the maximum number of cases of dengue-malaria are coming in the state. On average, more than 148 people are falling prey to this disease every day.
Read more at Sangri Today
Dengue cases dropping in Lucknow but threat remains: Docs
While the count of daily dengue infections is dropping steadily in Lucknow, the threat of the mosquito-borne disease pertains, according to doctors.
“For the past one week, the curve of new cases has flattened in the state capital. We expect the number to go down further in the coming week but we cannot be complacent even with a single case. Hence, we should not throw caution to the wind till we have even a single active infection,” said Dr Manoj Agrawal, chief medical officer of Lucknow.
Read more at Hindustan Times
UP witnesses dengue outbreak in several districts, logs 18,000 cases this year
Uttar Pradesh has been witnessing cases of dengue across several districts. The officials are gearing up to curb the outbreak as the state has recorded 18,000 cases this year.
Read more at India Today
Kolkata most hit by dengue; over 3,500 cases reported till October-end
Dengue cases continue to rise in West Bengal with the state recording 532 new infections on Thursday. More than 40,000 dengue cases have been confirmed in this season, and nearly 50 people have died of dengue.
Read more at Indian Express
Dengue advisory reissued for Asia
- Cholera in Lebanon: Outbreak update October 29
- Bangladesh reports more than 20,000 dengue cases in October
- Angola reports more than 2,000 measles cases in three weeks
- MRSA: University of Bath’s novel compound that both inhibits the superbug in lab experiments and renders it more vulnerable to antibiotics
- Philippines: Tacloban City reports nearly 200 cholera cases this week
- Japan syphilis cases top 10,000 for the first time since records began