By NewsDesk @infectiousdiseasenews
Mucormycosis in Delhi
According to officials figures, till July 6, Delhi had recorded 1,656 mucormycosis cases, including 952 active cases, according to a Economic Times report.
On March 27, the Delhi government had declared black fungus an epidemic.
Check out the Mucormycosis Dashboard
Zika in Kerala
Health Minister Veena George said an alert has been sounded across Kerala over Zika virus.
With four more infections reported on Tuesday, the number of confirmed Zika virus cases in Kerala has now risen to 23 — all the cases have been reported from Thiruvananthapuram, according to a Indian Express report.
The minister said pregnant women should take extra care. In case of infection in the early stage of pregnancy, there is a high chance of the baby being born with a congenital defect of microcephaly (underdeveloped brain).
- Typhoid vaccine campaign in Zimbabwe
- California: Face masks will be required in schools
- Chikungunya: Valneva awarded Breakthrough Therapy Designation for vaccine candidate
- Syphilis outbreak declared in Ireland
- Sweden’s Delta variant situation: Will dominate in coming months
- Argentina reports two additional COVID-19 Delta variants in travelers
- Colorado: Health officials warn of zoonotic diseases during the summer