Shigella caused food poisoning in girl who died after eating shawarma: Kerala health department
Kerala health department on Tuesday identified shigella bacteria as the cause of food poisoning which claimed the life of a student and led to the hospitalisation of around 30 others in the state’s Kasaragod district.
Read more at The Indian Express
Rise in malaria cases sparks concern in Kerala
Malaria, which was eradicated from the state decades ago, has made a comeback in Kerala in the past few years. The growing number of malaria cases in Kerala, mostly imported from other states by the large number of migrant workers, is becoming a headache for the health sector.
Read more at The New Indian Express
Five new dengue cases reported in Delhi; no deaths recorded
According to reports, five new dengue cases have been registered in Delhi since last week bringing the total number of dengue cases to 81.
Read more at Wio News
FMD outbreak in Karnataka
Animal lovers are now worried over the health of stray cattle which are abandoned by their owners as many of these animals are suffering from suspected foot-and-mouth disease (FMD), a contagious viral disease. They are demanding that the Mysuru City Corporation (MCC) or the state animal husbandry department treat these cattle besides providing them shelter and preventive vaccines.
Read more at Times of India
- Malaysia: 2nd human rabies case reported in Selangor this year
- Pakistan: First Naegleria fowleri death recorded in 2022 in Sindh
- Bolivia: Hantavirus health alert issued for Palos Blancos
- How Acinetobacter baumannii survives without water on hospital surfaces: Vanderbilt researchers discovery
- Israel: Strauss salmonella chain of events, Audit of plant and recall in US
- Tuberculosis: Washington cases on the rise, officials on ‘heightened alert’
- United Kingdom: Dozens more children with sudden onset hepatitis identified