By NewsDesk @bactiman63
6 new Zika cases in UP
Six more people tested positive for the Zika virus in Kanpur on Sunday, taking the tally to 10 in the district and prompting chief minister Yogi Adityanath to ask the health department to ensure strict surveillance to check the spread of the disease.
Read more at Hindustan Times
Kyasanur Forest disease (KFD) in Kerala
The Health department has intensified measures to combat the Kyasanur Forest Disease (KFD) or monkey fever in Wayanad district.
As a part of it, a vaccination drive began on Saturday in Thirunelly grama panchayat, where the largest number of KFD cases had been reported in the past two consecutive years.
Read more at The Hindu
Anthrax in sheep in Telangana
Anthrax detected in four sheep which died after falling ill in Chapalabanda of Duggondi mandal of erstwhile Warangal district.
Animals with suspected symptoms of Anthrax were asked to keep away from the village by the department of health officials. The veterinary officials said that the vaccine is being given to stop the spread of the disease and at the same time, samples of sheep were sent to Hyderabad laboratory for tests.
Read more at The Hans India
- Roanoke, Virginia hepatitis A outbreak results in the deaths of three
- Mother’s Vitamin D Deficiency Linked to Offspring Autism Spectrum Disorder
- Chikungunya in the Americas: More than 120K cases reported, 97% in Brazil
- Hantavirus case confirmed in Riverside County, California
- Tonga reports 1st COVID-19 case in traveler from New Zealand
- Sierra Leone: Measles outbreak declared in Kambia District
- Ghana: 8 dead, yellow fever suspected
- Multistate Salmonella outbreak linked to onions surpasses 800 cases, Puerto Rico reports first cases
- Public health alert issued for Salame Stick Products over possible Salmonella risk