By NewsDesk @bactiman63
Health officials in India reported today that 38 samples have been found to be positive with the new U.K variant genome.
The following labs are reporting cases: 10 in NIMHANS, Bengaluru, 3 in CCMB, Hyderabad, 5 in NIV, Pune, 11 in IGIB, Delhi, 8 in NCDC, New Delhi and 1 in NCBG, Kolkata.
NCBS, InSTEM, Bengaluru, CDFD Hyderabad, ILS Bhubaneswar, and NCCS Pune have so far found no UK mutant virus.
All these persons have been kept in single room isolation in designated Health Care facilities by respective State Governments. Their close contacts have also been put under quarantine. Comprehensive contact tracing has been initiated for co-travelers, family contacts and others. Genome sequencing on other specimens is ongoing.
The situation is under careful watch and regular advice is being provided to the States for enhanced surveillance, containment, testing & dispatch of samples to INSACOG labs.
- Chlorhexidine Gluconate Oral Rinse recalled due to Burkholderia lata contamination risk
- Leyte: 3 dead from puffer fish poisoning
- Gifu prefecture in Japan reports new bird flu outbreak
- Norway reports 3 additional UK COVID-19 virus variant cases, total now 19
- Sweden reports 1st South African COVID-19 virus variant
- New Zealand reports 6 UK COVID-19 variant cases
- Nearly 9,000 poultry to be culled in Denmark due to bird flu outbreak