Suspect Nipah virus case in Kerala
Health officials in Kerala state are reporting a suspected Nipah virus case in a 13-year-old boy from Chooloor.
The boy was admitted to the hospital with high fever a few days ago and preliminary tests are hint at the possibility of Nipah. Confirmation from the Union Ministry of Health should come Sunday.
In 2018, a Nipah outbreak in Kerala state affected 19 people, killing 17.
Dengue fever in Delhi
In Delhi, health officials have reported 55 cases of dengue fever through August 7 this year. This is the highest number of cases seen in the capital through this time since 2018 (64).
In the previous years, the cases in the same period were 171 in 2016, 251 in 2017, 64 in 2018, 47 in 2019 and 35 in 2020, according to officials.
No deaths have been reported.
- Ghana: Rabies kills pregnant woman in Techiman
- Japan reports 4300 syphilis cases through the end of August
- World Rabies Day 2021- Livestream event
- Anthrax infections and it’s dark bioterrorism history
- South Korea reports 1st Japanese encephalitis case of 2021
- Portugal reports 97% of people 65 years and older are fully vaccinated
- Vietnam COVID-19 outbreak tops 500,000, PM speaks on lockdowns
- CDC updates ‘Polio in Africa’ travel notice
- China reports H9N2 avian influenza case confirmed in Hunan province toddler