On Thursday, a basketball game at Bankers Life Fieldhouse between the Indiana Pacers and the Los Angeles Clippers was interrupted by a bat flying around the arena.
This prompted Indiana state health officials to advise people at the game to contact their healthcare provider if they touched the bat.
The Indiana State Health Department (ISDH) can be reached at 317-234-4704. ISDH says there is only a potential for rabies if the bat came into contact with bare skin. The department is only issuing the warning because the bat left the gym, and nobody knows if it had rabies.
— FOX Sports Indiana (@FSIndiana) February 8, 2019
- African swine fever outbreak reported on Yongzhou, Hunan farm
- Measles: Washington legislature holds public hearing for vaccine bill
- Infectious disease bric-a-bracs: Lassa fever, US flu activity and MERS in Saudi Arabia
- Mayaro virus DNA vaccine induces protective immunity
- Ebola outbreak reaches 800 cases